Villa Santa Margherita


Guest capacity

250

Official ceremony

Yes

Dining

Yes

Boat access

Yes

Nearest airport

Genoa Cristoforo Colombo Airport - 45km

Accomodation

No

Built in 1678 as a summer residence of the Durazzo family, the villa is a typical Alessi square building, located in the middle of a beautiful park in a dominant position overlooking the Gulf of Tigullio. 
In the 19th century the Villa was sold to Prince Centurion, who built the outbuildings and outlined the Italian Garden. 
At the beginning of 20th century the villa was temporarily transformed into Grand Hotel, then acquired by Alfredo Chierichetti, who is responsible for the final layout of the park, and finally sold to the Municipality of Santa Margherita Ligure, in 1973. 

The villa has spacious lounges and spectacular terraces, ideal places for wedding, gala dinners and civil marriages, or halls for the organization of conferences, cultural and journalistic awards, or classical music concerts. 
Along the boulevards of the great romantic park it is possible to organize fairs, photographic services and filming sections. 


The entire set is enriched by statues, fountains, planters and pathways that lead to the terrace in front of the Villa. 

Since 2006, the Park of Villa Santa Margherita, for its beauty, history and originality, is included in the circuit of the Great Italian Gardens, which recognizes and promotes the most beautiful gardens all over Italy.


You might be also interested in

Wedding venues in Italy
+

 

€€, Symbolic ceremony
+

 

€€, Official ceremony
+

 

€€€, Symbolic ceremony

Make an inquiry