Villa-hotel San Angelo
Naples Capodichino - 50 km
The history of the Villa-hotel San Angelo began in 1597, when the Jesuits built a cloister in a rural area with orchards and citrus grove sloping seaward. According to legend the gods had given custody of the secret garden to the nymph Colomeide that to all those who would have entered into that magical place, she would have given the gift of “silence.”
In 1777 the building changed hands and it was converted into an hotel, becoming the most ancient destination of recreation and rest of the Sorrento peninsula .
The important work of restoration by the architect Nino Del Papa enhanced the splendor that suits the myth of the ancient residence, appreciated over the years by guests such as Joachim Murat, Johann Wolfgang Goethe, the Duke of Wellington, Hans Christian Andersen , Alberto Moravia. These are only some of the big names on the ancient guestbook, still accurately preserved.